Sometimes no matter how we love and care for other people, especially those who are in a romantic relationship with us, problems arise and you will wake up one day in the middle of a storm you so dread. These times are extremely energy draining for it usually involves crying, screaming, nagging, arguing and bitching. Some say that it feels like your soul is being sucked by an invisible vacuum and some say that it feels like life is not life at all. And because people are born with frailty, we always have the tendency to run away from this circumstance. So, we try to cut the knot and end the relationship. Unfortunately, such effort is as emotionally taxing if not worse than going through the problem itself. So why not save the relationship?
Question: How to save a relationship which is hanging by a thread?
1. Forget about the problem. Just try to remember why do you love the person and learn how to forgive his or her flaws. You have to understand that there is not a single perfect person in this world, so you might as well stop expecting that your partner will never have mistakes.
2. Do not attack. The more you attack, the more your partner will retaliate and the more the relationship will blow into a disaster. Instead, show some sweet gestures or positive actions to him or her. However, you must not expect that he or she will immediately appreciate or recognize your effort.
3. Tell your partner that your relationship is worth saving. You have to be very vocal that you are intent in saving the relationship and the love that you have for each other. This way, your partner will be able to rethink his or her actions and might start to reciprocate the good gestures you are starting to show.
4. Learn to say that you are sorry. Show your partner that you take ownership of your mistakes and that you are not planning to make the same mistakes again. Saying sorry can be a good way in how to save a relationship because it manifests your balanced judgment on the issue that you are facing.
5. Ask God for help. Well, this may not apply to those who do not believe in God, but if you do believe in God, you might as well not miss this part. Know that God has all the answers to our questions in life including that question: How to save a relationship? God will surely direct you and all your efforts to that path where the end point is your dear relationship saved.
Clearly, how to save a relationship is something which is not very easy. It requires strength and most of all, your will to survive the ruckus. Because if you are not willing to save the relationship, all things you do in staying inside it are mere stage performances- waste of time, emotion and energy.
There is one good movie that tells us how to save a relationship amidst a very titanic and seemingly insurmountable situation. The title is Fireproof. This movie has been used in many marriage counseling and has been proven to be an effective tool in saving a relationship.
But on the flipside, if after you have employed all necessary actions to try and save the relationship and the storm is just becoming stronger and stronger, you should also know when to really end it.